Why We Need Your Help
International Book Project is a small organization doing big things! With a staff of four, IBP depends on the hard work and steadfast commitment of its volunteers. Thanks to these volunteers, IBP is able to send more than 400,000 books to over 70 developing countries each year.
What Volunteers Do at IBP
- Sorting books in the warehouse – Volunteers sort books and organize the warehouse. We operate more efficiently when our warehouse is organized. We receive donations of books five days a week, ensuring there’s always something for volunteers to do.
- Packing books – IBP sends more than 10 sea containers per year. Most of these containers are packed and shipped directly from our warehouse. IBP’s volunteers organize, record, and box the 10,000-20,000 books necessary to fill just one container.
- Organizing a Book Drive or Event — IBP values innovative ways to raise funds and awareness for our mission. Many groups hold book or fundraising drives or carry out service projects. We would be happy to provide informational materials to help you get started!
How to Get Started
- Signing up to volunteer – Contact Stacie Musser by email, firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your volunteer service.
- Volunteering hours – Monday through Friday, 10am-5pm, by appointment.