International Book Project takes donated books Monday through Friday from 10am to 4pm.
- For 3 or less medium sized boxes, you are welcome to stop by anytime between 10am and 4pm.
- For 3 or more boxes, please call for an appointment 859.254.6771.
The guidelines below detail the types of donated books we can and cannot use.
Types of books we ACCEPT
- Children’s library books (picture books, chapter books – fiction/non-fiction)
- English / Grammar texts (K-University)
- Science texts (K-University)
- Math texts (K-University)
- Medical texts (including academic journals)
- Vocational books (plumbing, carpentry, etc.)
- Fiction and Non-fiction books for adults
- Reference books (Dictionaries, Encyclopedias newer than 2000, and Thesauruses)
- Books in Spanish (fiction and non-fiction only; we cannot accept books about learning Spanish)
Due to the nature of our work, we can NOT accept
- Outdated Text, Reference, or Encyclopedias before 2000
- Religious/Evangelical or Political Books
- Magazines or Reader’s Digest
- Workbooks/Diaries (books that are meant to be written in)
- Self-help Books (How to Lose 100 lbs, Get Rich in the Stock Market, Learn Yoga)
- Gardening Books
All donated books must be in excellent condition. Please do not donate books that have:
- Cracked or broken bindings
- Mold or have a strong musty odor
- Torn or missing pages
- Yellowed pages
- Excessive underlining or highlighting
International Book Project curates book shipments based on partners’ specific requests and the above guidelines are specific to those requests.