UPDATE: In order to process the large quantity of donations we have received in the last few weeks, IBP will not be accepting book donations starting on Monday, August 30th, until Monday, September 13th. Please check back then to schedule an appointment. Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
International Book Project curates book shipments based on partners’ specific requests. The guidelines below detail the types of books we can and cannot use.
Types of books we ACCEPT
- Children’s library books (picture books and chapter books)
- English / Grammar texts (K-University)
- Science texts (K-University)
- Math texts (K-University)
- Medical texts (including academic journals)
- Vocational books (plumbing, carpentry, etc.)
- Fiction and Non-fiction books for adults
- Reference books (Dictionaries, Encyclopedias newer than 2000, and Thesauruses)
- Books in Spanish (fiction and non-fiction only; we cannot accept books about learning Spanish)
Due to the nature of our work, we can NOT accept
- Outdated (before 2000) or incomplete encyclopedia sets.
- Religious/Evangelical Books
- Workbooks/Diaries (books that are meant to be written in)
- Self-help Books (How to Lose 100 lbs, Get Rich in the Stock Market)
- Gardening Books
All donated books must be in excellent condition. Please do not donate books that have:
- Broken bindings
- Torn or missing pages
- Yellowed pages
- Excessive underlining or highlighting