Application Process | Peace Corps Volunteers | Stay Informed |
Electronic Resources Small Shipment Application Process
If you work at a school, library, church, or non-profit organization in a developing country, you may qualify to receive books from the International Book Project. The application process is as follows:1. Apply: To submit your application online, go to the IBP Application to Receive Books. You may also download (Word | PDF) the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 2-6 weeks for your application to be processed.
2. Confirm Address: You will receive an email from IBP within 2-6 weeks of submitting your request asking you to confirm your shipping address and asking if you have any contacts that may be willing to help fund your shipment. Self-funded shipments receive priority.
3. Waiting for Funding: All shipments are shipped in the order they were submitted and approved. If you are not self-funded, you will have to wait until funding is available for your shipment. This can take between 2 and 6 months.
4. Shipment Notification: You will receive email notification when your organization has been chosen to receive books to ensure you will be at your location to receive the books.
5. Books Shipped: When your books are shipped, you will receive an email packing list, recipient questionnaire, and thank-you instructions. It takes between 3 weeks and 4 months for your books to arrive. Shipments to the Pacific Islands are especially slow.
6. Questionnaire and Thank-Yous: When your books arrive, please fill out the IBP questionnaire and write a thank-you note to your donor(s). This must be done within 2 weeks of receiving the shipment to qualify to receive books again.
Please Note: This process is for our Small Shipment program. If you are interested in receiving a large shipment of books by pallet or sea container, please email Tracy Taylor at email@example.com or call 859-254-6771.